Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday...Funday? (and a new name!)

Hey y'all!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately! I'm really going to try to start managing my time better...it's just been hard to find that initial balance! School has been overwhelming lately with studying and tests, but the hectic-ness will be over for a while after my last exam on Wednesday. I hope you guys have had a great Sunday! It was a beautiful day here in Knoxville, but I had to enjoy it through the comfort (or lack thereof) of my desk. I studied all. day. long. Bummer!

I'm sure you guys noticed...I changed the name of my blog! Light Pink & Lilies was my temporary name until I could think of something a little more...original. How sad is it that it took me an entire month to come up with the name "Pineapples and Pinstripes"?  I'm honestly the most indecisive person in the world. 

I've been gathering my ideas and sorting my thoughts over the past couple of weeks, and I'm finally starting to get more organized for my blog! I promise everything is going to keep coming together (and I am not going to go this long without posting ever again)!

Now that I got all of that out of the way...

Here is the new shirt I ordered from J.Crew that I promised I would show you guys! (I know that was forever ago...)


(Also working on better lighting and backgrounds for my pictures)
So this is it! It's an oversized black and champagne striped turtleneck, and it is so perfect. I'm all about stripes. Honestly, I have about four shirts in my closet that look almost identical to this. But I can't help it. It's a problem. The material is just a tad thicker than I thought it would be, but I love it. I have yet to wear it simply because it hasn't been cold enough yet here in Knoxville! But when I do, I know that it'll be a staple piece in my closet for the next few years. Pair it with skinny jeans or leggings with boots or booties or flats, pair it with a great flare jean and a cute fall wedge, pair it with a vest or an oversized sweater, pair it with mixed prints (cheetah, duh). Seriously, the possibilities are endless. I love buying investment pieces--pieces that I can see myself wearing next year and the next, and pieces that I can see  myself wearing with almost anything. I love it!

Want it? Here it is! And it's 25% off! Perfect. 

 I hope you guys like the new name, and I'm excited to really get back into my blogging kick full-force!

XOXO, 
Tay





1 comment:

  1. that striped shirt is so cute! j crew has the best finds

    ReplyDelete