Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sunshine and Granola

Happy hump day, you guys! The sun's finally shining here in Knoxville today, and we're on the downward slope to the weekend!

...and speaking of downward slopes, my eating habits these past few days have been majorly slacking. Football weekends kill me. It's so easy to get off track with healthy eating when fast food and greasy hamburgers are so convenient. I don't know about y'all, but when I eat badly over a span of several days, I can seriously feel myself getting sluggish and having a complete lack of energy. My healthier eating habits are starting back today! With that said, I thought I'd share one of my favorite breakfast/snack/light lunch combinations. I usually eat this for breakfast, but today, it was my lunch! And oh my gosh, it's so yummy. 


How good does that look?? And it's so fast! On my busier days, I find myself gravitating towards this for lunch instead of breakfast because it's so easy to whip up between classes, and it gives me a nice kick of healthy energy. 
It's just one cup of vanilla greek yogurt (I use Chobani) and a handful of granola (I love Bear Naked's Vanilla Almond). Then, I sprinkle in whatever fruit I have on hand! Currently, I have an abundance of strawberries and blueberries, so that's what I used. Next, I sprinkle on about 5 or 6 chocolate chips (just to be a little bit rebellious--and the yummy chocolate flavor is perfect with the fruit!) And finally, to top it off, I squeeze pure honey over the top. YUM. I promise y'all will be obsessed with this. 

I hope everyone's Wednesday is going well! I have my Business Law class to go to this afternoon, then I plan on taking it easy tonight. I've done well this week on not procrastinating my work, so I don't have many obligations today! Sounds like a perfect night to paint my nails... 

Have a great day, y'all! 

P.s.- I have a J.Crew order that should be coming in sometime this week. It's just one item--but I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to show y'all!

XOXO,
Tay

2 comments: