Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy October!

YAY.
The time has come...I've finally gotten the time and the courage to start my blog! I can't believe I'm actually making my first post. Being an avid fashion and food blog follower, this is something I've wanted to do forever...wish me luck!!

I'M GUESSING YOU WANT TO KNOW MY NAME, RIGHT?
My name's Taylor! I'm an only child and I'm currently a student at the University of Tennessee (go VOLS!) where I'm majoring in Marketing. I love family, friends, fashion (duh!), jewelry, writing, music, coffee, fitness & baking (which definitely don't complement each other), dogs, and the beach. I was the proud owner of a precious Boston Terrier, Emma, who I loved dearly for 13 years until I lost her almost two weeks ago to cancer. Needless to say, the past few days have been completely terrible. However, I'm finally getting inspired to start my blog...and I definitely think I owe it to my sweet puppy. I know she would be proud, and I know you guys will be hearing about her a lot! 


I'm hoping that you guys will love what I have to say! (and I'm also hoping you'll bear with me as I try to figure out exactly how to work my website :))

It's been an incredibly stormy day here in Knoxville which means that today was basically good for nothing once I got done with class--except doing homework, napping, and baking! So in honor of my first post, I thought I'd let y'all in on a little fall treat--and it's one of my favorites!

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS:

What you'll need:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup melted butter (equivalent of 2 sticks)
2 eggs (beaten)
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips

What you do:
It's seriously so easy! All you do is just mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, then mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then, combine the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir together until completely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, and ta-da! Your batter is done. Told you this was easy! I use medium-sized muffin pans and fill the cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees and you're done! They're so simple, so delicious, and so perfect for fall! 

YUM!
I like to eat these for breakfast, but they're honestly perfect for any time of day. I made them on Friday of last week and my roommates had devoured them by Saturday morning! Maybe they'll last a little longer this time ;)
I think they go perfectly with a Soy Chai Latte from Starbucks- my fave! 

XOXO,
Tay 





6 comments:

  1. congrats on starting your blog!! these muffins sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited! And they are seriously addicting...so yummy! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins look to die for! Yum!

    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so amazing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Your sweet Emma was precious! I'm sorry to hear she passed away. I got a shih tzu when I was in kindergarten and she passed away during my first year of college when she was 14. It was hard!

    I'm loving your blog! :)

    Southern Belle Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She was adorable. And you're right, it is so hard. Dogs are such special animals!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!

      Delete